Buckden, St. Mary's parish church, war memorial and Buckden Towers
A view of St. Mary’s Church of England parish church across Church Street, with the war memorial (unveiled 22 April 1920) in the foreground. The church structure dates mainly to 1435-1440, with its chancel being c1230 and the southern porch, in lighter material, being c1485. The red brick tower and walls behind the church are of the old Bishop of Lincoln’s Palace (now Buckden Towers, a Roman Catholic centre and church) built c1485-1490.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.