Corn Exchange - around 1910
The Corn Exchange stood on the corner of South Street and the High Street. In 1915 it was bought and used as a cinema although the middle part remained unaltered and could be used for its original purpose. In 1929 a fire destroyed much of the interior and the ornamental turret fell. It was rebuilt as the pavilion Cinema but then closed in 1968.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.