Eaton Socon - stained glass windows at St Marys Church, in June 2008
There is little stained glass in the church due to the great fire of 1930. The top shields in this window reflect the three dioceses that the church has belonged to – St Albans, Ely and Lincoln. The top shield on the right are the coat of arms of the Beauchamp family who were heavily involved in the church in the 11th century. The two stained shields at the bottom commemorate families who had paid for windows that were lost in the fire.
Date of coverage01/06/2008-30/06/2008
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.